Title: Assistant Chief
- 2015 - Completed Phase I and II Hostage Negotiation training with PATC
- 2014 - Completed the FBI Course on Hostage Negotiations at Louisville Metro Training Academy
- 2012 - Awarded the Medal of Valor
- 2011 - Awarded a Letter of Commendation
- 2010 - Became the Lead Advisor and founding member of the Jeffersontown Police Explorer Post
- 2007 - Awarded the Medal of Honor
- 2005 - Completed an 8 month Spanish for law enforcement and 5 week immersion in Morelia, Mexico
- 2004 - Founding member of the Department's first Honor Guard unit
- 2004 - Certified Crisis Intervention Officer
- University of Louisville Police Department
- 1992-1996 Telecommunicator / Police Dispatcher / TAC, 1996-2000 Police Officer
- September 2000 - Current, Police Officer, Jeffersontown Police Department
- Political Science major with 100+ hours
- United States Coast Guard reserve 1991-2002, Petty Officer Third Class. Performed commercial marine traffic regulation, small boat operations, and marine safety/security of inner waterways.
Officer Burba came to the Jeffersontown Police department in September 2000 with over four years of patrol, and four years of telecommunicator experience with the University of Louisville Police Department. While working for the university, she was certified as a Bicycle Patrol Officer which allowed her to couple enforcement activities with a community oriented approach. In her tenure at the Jeffersontown Police Department, she has been assigned to the patrol division on both the first, and second platoons. Additionally, she participated in three separate rotations with the Criminal Investigation Division. Officer Burba is one of the founding members of the department Honor Guard unit.
In 2010, the department initiated the first Jeffersontown Police Explorer Post. This program is designed for youth between the ages of 14 and 20, who have an interest in law enforcement as a career. Officer Burba has served as the Lead Explorer Advisor since its inception, and has helped to build the program into what it is today.
Officer Burba is currently assigned as the Community Resource Officer. Her duties include the DARE program, recruitment, Explorer Program, Blockwatch Program, Alarm Citations, and Crime Prevention/Newsletter.